Worth

At work I was standing outside of a patient’s room puting something away. I overheard the conversation the patient and the CNA were having.
The patient was about 400 pounds, and another patient down the hall was even heavier. The heavier patient was bed bound and not able to care for himself. I overheard the CNA say, “I have another patient down the hall who is over 500 pounds. It’s so sad because he could have done something with his life, but instead he spent all his time and money getting to be so heavy.”

My jaw just about dropped to the floor…

The CNA assumed that just because he was bedbound from being so obese, that he hadn’t done anything with his life. But he had kids, he had a wife, and a family. She judged his worth off his physical circumstances. She didn’t know how many people’s lives he’d touched, how many people he’d helped, or where he made a difference.

How many good deeds do we have to make before our life is worth something?

Here’s what the bible has to say…

But my life is worth nothing unless I use it for doing the work assigned to me by the Lord Jesus – the work of telling others the Good News about God’s wonderful kindness and love.” Acts 21:24

Well I think that just about sums it up. What do you think?




Comments