3 years and counting

Dear Jesse,

Today we've been married 3 years. This equals 1095 days, or 26,280 hours, or 157,6800 minutes.

That's...
540  hours spent bickering
6 hours of me crying
8760 hours sleeping
6240 hours at our jobs

This leaves 10,734 hours of together time.

And man have they been good right! But they have also been busy - two associates degrees, three job changes, and three moves. Despite our busy schedules, we've managed to make room for us time: Movie date nights just the two of us, out to dinner with friends, 10 pm runs to Dairy Queen in our pajamas, or late night runs to Safeway for the missing ingredients to chocolate cookies we're craving.

My favorite times are laying in bed "trying" to go to sleep... but we just end up talking. Or you'll push me off the bed, steal my covers, or sick Briley on me. I'll give you a wedgie, poke your ribs, or sick Briley back on you. We laugh our hardest those nights.

But this is also where we usually fight. Maybe you threw a pillow at me too hard, raised your voice at me, left your clothes everywhere, or spent too much money. But even during our hard times, you always show me how much you love me. You tell me you can't stand to see me cry and we decide to love each other better starting tomorrow.

You knew me before I was me. I was only 15. We've grown together, changed our looks, changed our opinions, like different things, and despite all this still fit together perfectly. I'm jumping out of my skin excited to see our future. I want to see you rocking a newborn, teaching a kindergartner to read, worrying over our daughter staying out late, and then walking her down the aisle. On second thought... I'll teach our kids how to read.

Overall I just want to say I love you, and I love being married to you! And I wanted to do it here because I forgot about you the first time around. 9 years together and 3 years married. I think that's quite the accomplishment!

Comments