"How's School"

I wish I would have counted how many times I was asked today, "How's school?" But since I didn't... I'll guess around 10. One day of 10 people asking that question wouldn't be so bad. But then make it every day I'm at work. 4 days in a row. Every day. "How's school."

So here it is ladies and gentleman. I've been mentally done with school for two years now. I hate it. I can't get out of bed half the time to make it to lecture. I have no tolerance for reading textbooks. I play Scrabble through every lecture on my phone. Every test I put off studying later and later. I dread Sundays when I have to drive into Corvallis... spend an hour or more gathering information on patients... come home and work on prepping until bed... then wake up to finish them... to drive back to Corvallis and take care of them... sleep... drive back to Corvallis to take care of them again... and then spend hours on care plans. Sometimes on Sundays I wonder if this is really worth it. What was I thinking? This isn't fun. Clinicals aren't fun. Nursing isn't even fun. I'm not even looking forward to graduation. I'm just looking forward to not being in school anymore. I also have no idea where I want to work (another question I get about 5 times a day).

It's not that it's the difficulty or stress of it that's got me down. I'm currently getting an A. It's just I need it to be over! Please make it be over!

So just a fair warning that my response when you ask the question, "How's school" will be "Fine." Because most people don't want my honest answer because they're just making small talk (the only thing I hate worse than Ranch dressing is small talk). So lets just spare us both shall we? Quit asking me how school is going! (Unless you're my mother or father)

Comments