Things that come out of my intructors mouths

I have decided to keep track of all the nonsense and hilarious unintentional sex jokes that sneak their way into lecture....

- After the instructor demonstrates oropharyngeal suctioning to the class a students asks, "How many times does a patients need suctioned?" The instructor's reply, "I go down on my patients as many times as they need it." hmmmm. I think the funniest part about this was that no one noticed except for me and my friend next to me. Come on, that's obvious right??

- While talking about insulin injections, my instructor shares with us her feelings on giving one unit, "It's so small it's not even worth it." The student next to me said, "That's what she said."

- In our infectious disease lecture, the instructor pulled this statistic out of her hat on the prevalence of MRSA in the hospital, "I would say that over half the time more than 75% of my patient have MRSA." Reminds me of a quote from Anchor Man, "Ninety nine percent of the time, it works every time."

- During skills lab we learned how to give a proper IM injection. One student commented that she likes them inserted slowly. The instructor responded, "How slow can you go with only a half an inch?" Okay, that one's funnier if you hadn't heard the context.


Don't worry, at this rate, my list will be rather large!

Comments