Half the Battle

Well it turns out I'm not crazy.

I've always been paranoid about getting pregnant. Birth control was too risky for me considering the human error factor (I forget a lot). So I decided to get the Mirena IUD. It's been great. I've had it for two years now and I've had piece of mind.

But then I kept hearing these stories about women getting pregnant WITH the IUD. Dang. Back to worrying. Well it seems my worries were not in vain. On Sunday I became one the 7% of women whose IUDs come out on their own. Except it came out broken. I wonder what % I am on this one? So... did I already lose the first half? If so how long ago? Or is the other half still floating peacefully in my uterus?

Time will tell as tomorrow at 10:15 I get an ultrasound to see exactly where that little bugger is.

And if that GYN appointment turns into a OB appointment, Mirena is going to hear from me! (p.s that would make my due date 1 month before graduation... but that's NOT going to happen!)

Comments