"The Plan"

I just re-read my profile... "I have so many aspirations and wish I could close my eyes and be 26. I'm in the grunt work phase of my life (I know, that's only what I say now) and can't wait for this time to be over."

Right around the time I decided to quit school at Portland, I started planning the next step in our life. We'd get married, he'd finish school, get hired at the Eugene Fire Department, I'd finish school, get a job as an RN, we'd buy a house, and then I'd start popping out babies.

We even used Jeremiah 29:11 in our wedding. "For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

We felt strongly that not only was this our plan, but this was God's plan also. Yet it seemed those goals we set for ourselves at 20 years young, kept getting pushed back further and further. Jesse didn't get hired the first time, I didn't get into school the first time, etc, etc.

Jesse was always SO good about trusting in "The Plan." He'd tell me, "It will happen eventually babe, now must not be the right time." Bless him for being so level headed. I on the other hand take after my father and worry over everything.

So in re-reading my profile, written just a year ago, I am amazed at how closer we are to finishing "The Plan." Jesse starts his new job in a couple weeks, I graduate in 109 days (not that I'm counting or anything), we're looking at houses trying to figure out what we want, and before you know it I'll be pregnant. But still it can't come fast enough:)

So what will be our next big plan be? What does God have in store for us? Where will I work? When will we start our family? How big will our family be? Oh man it's exciting! And even though I fret... and worry... and wonder.... and count the days.... no matter what the plan is, I know it will be a plan to prosper - for a hope and a future.

Comments