My life now

This is just a plain old update... nothing fancy.

Our first Christmas with Elliott was great, even though Jesse had to work (and has to work next year too). It started with Christmas at Jesse's grandma's house. Big surprise he had to work. Elliott and I went and had a great time. She got the cutest bib from grandma Pat. It was nice to see everyone.

It then continued on Jesse's birthday where he convinced me to not only let him open his birthday present, but all his presents. So our Christmas came two days early. I got him wheels and tires for his RC car and a video game. He let me buy a new camera (more like a family present) and then bought me earrings with Elliott's birthstone and a cowgirl hat. He completely surprised me. He on the other hand guessed all his gifts just by looking at the box. One year I'll stump him damnit. Christmas Eve we went out to his parents house where they spoiled Elliott with lots of clothes, me with a Victoria's Secret gift card, and Jesse with cash and saw horses.

Christmas day I went to the station to visit Jesse at work. His day had been really slow so I thought for sure we'd get to spend some quality time together. Nope... as soon as I walked through the door he got a call. Twice he came back, washed his hands, and came to give me a hug and.... another call came in. After I awkwardly hung out with his dad and the rest of the crew for about an hour or more, he finally came back and stayed. The guys made a full Christmas dinner with a smoked turkey and all the fixins.

After dinner I rushed back to Heidi's house for the Tucker Christmas party. I was later than I planned, missed dinner, and ruined the potatoes by forgetting sour cream:) The gift exchange was a blast, especially since I got to participate on the girls and boys side. After we danced and sang karaoke. Too much fun!

Now that the holidays are over and life is back to normal. Things aren't that much different with a baby. I still veg on the couch and watch TV most of the day (except now I have cable). Jesse geeks out on the computer and plays with his RC car. We sit and admire our precious little one while life goes on. She's sleeping in 4 hour blocks at night now so I'm getting plenty of sleep. We've got our night feeding routine down. I think I set a new record last night and was only up for 14 minutes. Her next appointment is Jan. 16th and will involve shots...yikes! According to our scale she weights 12.2 lbs and I believe it. She's wearing 3 month sized clothing and will be growing out of them shortly. Today I just washed all her 6 month clothes in anticipation.

And now for your visual pleasure... some pictures taken with my new camera!

You have no idea how true this is










Comments