Coming Around

My last post was... depressing. Sorry fans (all 6 of you). I'm coming around to the idea of baby number 3. About time right?! I finally feel like we're at a point where we're ready. I don't have all these daunting tasks hanging above my head and I can look forward to his arrival instead of dread it. Jesse hasn't quite come around and thinks his moment won't hit him until he's sees Owen.

I have exactly one week to go and because this is our last baby, I'm holding strong and going to allow my body to go into labor naturally instead of being induced. There's no reason to rush this little man. It might seem silly but I've always imagined how labor would start. Will my water break in a public place? Will contractions start in the middle of the night? Will I wait too long and barely make it to the hospital? Every contraction or feeling of pressure leads to a little bit of hope and excitement, "Could this be labor?" But all I've been able to do thus far is imagine because I've robbed myself of that experience by being inpatient. When someone asks you, "Do you want to have your baby tomorrow" it's SO hard to say "No." However, a girl does have her limits. I'll accept an induction at 41 weeks. My prediction is that I'll be 2 days late. 1/30/15... you heard it here first folks. And while we're talking predictions, I'm guessing 8-8.5 lbs. Please not another 9.5 pounder!

Because I only have 7 days to go, I've been in major prepare mode this week. Also known as "Nesting" but I hate cliches. I registered at the hospital, filled out the birth certificate information, registered with his pediatrician, installed the new car seat, packed the diaper bag, made the toddler bed back into a crib, sewed a new bumper pad and crib skirt, and changed up some of the decorations in the nursery. I'm also checking things off my personal to do list. I went and got my oil changed, teeth cleaned, and eye exam. All that's left to do is get my haircut. A pedicure and massage are also on that list but I'm not holding my breath. Who am I kidding, I won't get my hair cut either. At this point it's becoming an annual event.

Now that everything is ready, all that's left to do is wait. And I have one more shift to work. I will also continue to workout as long as I can. Maybe it will help bring him on time. Well fans, be wishing us luck and praying for a healthy delivery!


Comments

  1. It's all your healthy activity that keeps him in your belly. Don't worry it will happen sooner than than you think. Bless you Damaris.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment